Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tanning...

Audrey got to the high risk zone for excess of bilirubin- aka jaundice. So, she spent some time under the lights. They delivered this handy machine to our house, and Ryan and I took turns watching and consoling her. The lights are bad for the eyes, so we had to make sure she didn't take the goggles off. We also monitored her temperature and food intake and output. She didn't like it at first, but then gave up and tried to sleep her time away. I really enjoyed the few minutes I had with her every 2 hours when she ate. We were relieved when the next day we were able to stop the treatment! We thought these poses were cute...



2 comments:

Jody said...

I'm glad that she is o.k.. I was put under similar lights when I was born due to my premature birth. Congratulations on the newest member of your family, and may the Lord continue to bless all of you!! Your brother/brother-in-law, Christopher

Johnsons of Haymarket said...

Poor baby! I would've been worried sick! I'm so glad she's better now and you can snuggle her all you want!