Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mount Timpanogos






Last summer Ryan and I hiked Mt. Timp. Just so everybody knows the real reason why we hiked it, I will explain: Ryan kept wanting me to hike it with him since the summer before ('05), but I kept saying no. Ryan was a little upset about it, but life went on. One day I came home surprised at myself because I suddenly felt the urge to go! Ryan didn't believe me until I said, "If we don't go tomorrow, I don't think I will ever want to go again." So, the next day, we hiked it. I can't say I will do it again, but I did have some good experiences.... I was doing pretty well, until I hit a point where I had had enough hiking uphill. I cried near the end because the last stretch was very hard for me, and I didn't want to keep hiking. But Ryan insisted that we make it to the tip top. When we finally made it, I was relieved. Little did I know that we were going to go down a very large glacier! I didn't want to go down, but I did because it meant we would get down the mountain quicker and that we wouldn't have to walk down the steep sections we had to hike up. Let's just say, my pants were ripped and I cried all the way down with pain since my butt did not have any cushion from the freezing ice and bumps. My hands were frost bitten up until that night when I went to bed. I took many pictures, but when I returned home, I had found that many of them were missing such as the ones of the mountain goats we saw and the full-view shot of how big the glacier really was. From then on, I learned to check my camera after taking pictures! Other than that, I think the trip was a success!

No comments: